This is a full-time position for an individual with substantial direct and indirect team leadership experience. This position will oversee the management of internal organizational initiatives for the steady growth of our nonprofit organization. This individual will report to the Executive Director, and will contribute to our nonprofit’s mission by working closely with the organization’s leadership and staff to facilitate effective and comprehensive internal communication. Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide for significant growth opportunities. Indiaspora is based in Washington, D.C. While this role will be a remote position for the foreseeable future, the candidate is expected to be based in Washington D.C.
- Objectively facilitate the accurate and comprehensive flow of information between the Executive Director and the rest of the team
- Assist Executive Director with day-to-day operations and help prioritize ED’s time commitments
- Manage internal communications between different team members
- Assisting with the planning and execution of ongoing events as necessary
- Assisting with project outreach as necessary
- Conduct frequent communications with external partners and stakeholders
- Experience with the Indian diaspora community and related organizations required
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field ie. international affairs, communications, politics, business
- 7 years of experience in management with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to mobilize team members who are not direct reports to the Senior Program Manager
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to simultaneously understand the larger picture
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail and Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, and Slides)
- Prior experience in a similar role serving a principal executive
- Graduate degree in relevant field is preferred
- Experience planning and executing events strongly preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
Immigration / Residency Status
- US citizen or permanent resident only
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, Indiaspora’s Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected characteristic.