Indiaspora is seeking a full-time Philanthropy Initiatives Coordinator with a strong interest in philanthropy and social impact. This is an entry level position, preferably for a recent college graduate. This position reports to the Senior Philanthropy Manager and will support Indiaspora’s goal of elevating the level of giving of the Indian diaspora. Indiaspora’s startup culture and collaborative work environment will provide significant growth opportunities.
- Provide support with planning, coordinating, and facilitating all philanthropy initiatives,
including annual ChaloGive campaign.
- Assist with organizing virtual and in-person events, including annual Philanthropy
- Provide support with the preparation of reports, presentations, and other program
publications and materials.
- Complete administrative tasks, including managing philanthropy CRM and responding to
inquiries regarding initiatives and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Alignment with Indiaspora’s overall mission and goal of increasing diaspora giving
- Self-motivated, driven to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Documents.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of the philanthropy ecosystem in India and the United States
- Interest in working with the Indian diaspora
- Experience managing an online database of contacts a plus
- Experience planning and executing events preferred
- Graphic design skills a plus
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and résumé to Rucha Gopal, Senior Coordinator, Programs and Operations, Indiaspora, at email@example.com. Only US citizens or permanent residents will be considered.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.