This is an entry-level full-time position, preferably for a recent graduate, who will manage several internal databases and communications processes that play an integral role in the day-to-day functions of our nonprofit. This position will report to the Senior Communications Manager, and will contribute to our nonprofit’s mission by facilitating effective marketing and outreach to our members and the Indian diaspora community at large. Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide for significant growth opportunities.
- Maintaining and serving as an “expert” for Indiaspora’s CRM system
- Maintaining additional internal lists and databases
- Regularly updating Indiaspora’s WordPress website
- Maintaining website calendar for members’ events
- Regularly posting on Indiaspora’s social media channels
- Assisting with the planning and execution of ongoing events as necessary
- Assisting with project outreach and media queries
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field ie. social sciences, marketing, information systems.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail and Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, and Slides)
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Data management or information management experience strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge of CRM systems strongly preferred
- Experience planning and executing events strongly preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or basic HTML design preferred
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Video editing skills and familiarity with Adobe Premiere a plus
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, Indiaspora’s Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.