Are you a college student or recent grad interested in working in a fast-paced nonprofit dedicated to meaningful change and positive impact for the Indian diaspora community?
Apply to make an impact with our Indiaspora team for a semester. Check out the job description below.
- Assist Communications Manager in projects focused on spreading the reach and impact of Indiaspora programming
- Assist Senior Staff with planning and execution of our annual flagship Global Leadership Forum
- Research, populate and maintain lists for the Global Leadership Forum
- Update the Global Leadership Forum web page
- Help manage social media accounts and help develop a social media strategy for a rapidly expanding non-profit organization
- Help solicit, edit, and post blog contributions on Indiaspora’s website and social media
- Play an active role in communications between Indiaspora’s members, staff, and community partner organizations
- Engage on projects to expand the Indiaspora network and membership
- Currently enrolled in or completed an undergraduate or graduate degree program, preferably in a social science, communications, or media discipline
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Experience and enthusiasm for social media platforms
- Experience with some event planning preferred
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Experience compiling databases and lists a plus
- Experience with photo and video editing a plus
- Attention to detail a must
IMMIGRATION / RESIDENCY STATUS
US citizen or permanent resident only
Indiaspora (www.indiaspora.org) is a nationally recognized 501c(3) non-profit that acts as a catalyst to transform the success of Indian Americans into meaningful impact on the global stage. By sharing insight, hosting events and connecting people, Indiaspora aims to unite the diverse Indian American community toward collective action.
Please email a Resume and Cover letter to Rucha Gopal at email@example.com with Indiaspora Communications Intern in the subject line.
Internships typically last 12 weeks from January until May, and can be adjusted according to students’ schedules.
Please submit applications by Tuesday, December 17. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.