The India Country Head role is a full-time position representing Indiaspora in India and nearby countries having large concentrations of Indian diaspora. The position will require management of all in-country operations, planning, budgets, representation at meetings and events, and developing strategic relationships.
This individual will report simultaneously to the Executive Director (who is based in Washington, DC) and to the India Board of Directors. On a regular, routine basis, this position will take direction from and communicate with the Executive Director.
Additionally, the individual will contribute to our nonprofit’s mission by working closely with the organization’s leadership and staff to facilitate effective and comprehensive internal communication. Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide for significant growth opportunities. This position will require the individual to be based in New Delhi or its immediate suburbs.
- Strategically expand Indiaspora’s footprint in India and selected other countries
- Play a leading role in increasing Indiaspora’s engagement with prominent Indians in business, government, philanthropy, the media, academics, the arts, sports and other professions
- Manage all operations including taking responsibility for membership targeting, recruitment, and renewal
- Play a significant role in the organization’s international “Global Connect” program, wherein we build relationships with Indian diaspora leaders across countries and professions
- Assist in planning and executing Indiaspora’s virtual presence in India and other relevant countries
- Create a detailed annual business operating plan and budget
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring
- Assist in planning and executing Indiaspora’s virtual and physical (when appropriate) events
- Implement brand strategy; enhance branding
- Generate monthly progress reports including such items as new business development and member leads, growth and budgets
- 15+ years of professional experience, including in significant management positions
- Possess good relations with prominent Indians and diaspora leaders across geographies and professions
- Demonstrated strong relationship building and business development skills
- Track record of working with government leaders and departments
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to present to eminent individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills
- After Covid-19 recedes, this position will require travel within India, to Singapore, Dubai, occasionally to the U.S. and other countries
- Acutely tuned to social media and digitally conversant
- High degree of comfort conducting online communications and events, and managing relationships virtually
- Outstanding English language communication
- Legally allowed to work and live in India without restrictions
- Very strong communication ability preferred in Hindi and regional Indian languages
- Prior experience as Country Manager and/or related position
- Experience working and interacting with the philanthropic and corporate social responsibility sector
- Graduate degree in a relevant field
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, our Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected characteristic.