This is an entry-level, full-time position, preferably for a recent graduate, who will help manage several global programs, assist with Indiaspora’s expansion/development processes into other countries outside the United States, and play an integral role in the day-to-day functions of our nonprofit.
This position will report to the Senior Program Manager, and will contribute to our nonprofit’s mission to bring together the professionally, geographically, and religiously diverse Indian diaspora to be a force for good. Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide for significant growth opportunities.
- Assist in crafting and executing programming that positions Indiaspora as a thought-leader at a global level, beginning with the United States, India, Canada, England, United Arab Emirates, and Singapore
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (government, private sector, other non-profit organizations) in other countries that are necessary for the successful execution of Indiaspora’s programs and operations
- Think strategically about how Indiaspora can create and add value in the specific countries outlined above as well as, more broadly, at a global level
- Contribute to the creation, analysis, and management of budgets for global programs
- Work closely with the Senior Program Manager on expanding Indiaspora’s presence in the other countries, including the establishment of new offices as part of Indiaspora’s growth and development processes
- Plan and organize relevant Indiaspora events, including “Global Connect” delegations, and collaborative events with government leaders, private sector, or other non-profit organizations (such as think tanks, trade associations, and other community organizations)
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (i.e. International Affairs, Political Science)
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail and Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, and Slides)
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Work authorization in the United States
- Prior experience in playing a coordinating role in programmatic or non-profit organizations
- Wide-ranging knowledge of global affairs and international issues of relevance to the Indian diaspora
- Experience planning and executing events
- Familiarity with policy, think tank, business, or Indian networks in the United States, India, and other countries
- Ability to engage in Indiaspora’s key areas of programmatic focus across a variety of disciplines (entrepreneurship and innovation, philanthropy, non-partisan political and civic engagement, climate change, and Indian diaspora public leadership at large)
- Interest in tracking and following news regarding the Indian diaspora community
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, Indiaspora’s Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.