- Get involved
- Members Calendar
- Give to India COVID-19 Relief – ChaloGive
- India COVID-19 Relief NGO List
- India COVID-19 Relief Resources
- AAPI Resources
Join us for a virtual launch of “Kamala Harris and the Rise of Indian Americans” Thursday, July 29th, at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT. The launch is in celebration of this first-of-its-kind anthology on the Indian diaspora and its achievements. The history and achievements of the Indian diaspora are captured by industry leaders who chronicle the community’s progress in an array of fields from activism to academia from business to entrepreneurship, from medicine to hospitality.
Authors will discuss the chapters they contributed followed by a Q&A session.This event is free and open to the public.
• Tarun Basu, a media veteran of 40 years who served as the founder-editor of IANS, and is the editor of the book.
• MR Rangaswami, Founder of Indiaspora, who is an entrepreneur, investor, and author of “An Accidental Capitalist: How Indian-Americans Made Their Mark in Silicon Valley”
• Dr. Shamita Das Dasgupta, Co-founder of Manavi, a nonprofit that focuses on violence against women in the South Asian community and co-author of “’Success’ Through Lens of Women: Celebrating an Alternative Model of the Marginalized”
• Raj L Gupta, the Chairman of Aptiv and Avantor, and former Chairman, CEO, and President of Fortune 500 company Rohm and Haas, and author of “Success Drivers of Indian-American CEOs: Fostering a New Wave of Corporate Leadership”
• Bijal Patel, Chairman of the California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA), and author of “Three Generations of Hoteliers: How Indian-Americans Reinvented the Hotel Industry”
• Dr. Maina Chawla Singh, a scholar and professor focusing on gender, identity, and the Indian diaspora who has lectured at Oxford, Cambridge, and Yale, and is the author of “A Community Zooms into the Political Spotlight.”