- Our Members
- Get involved
- The Indiaspora Lists
- Members Calendar
- India COVID-19 Relief NGO List
- India COVID-19 Relief Resources
- AAPI Resources
Conceptualized and edited by media veteran Tarun Basu and published by award-winning Wisdom Tree, Indiaspora is privileged to serve in an advisory role in this project, which chronicles the journey of the Indian diaspora in an array of fields, from activism to academia, from business to entrepreneurship, from philanthropy to hospitality.
Thank you for joining us for the virtual launch of “Kamala Harris and the Rise of Indian Americans” Thursday, July 29th, at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT. The launch was in celebration of this first-of-its-kind anthology on the Indian diaspora and its achievements. The history and achievements of the Indian diaspora are captured by industry leaders who share their own journey to success as well as their perspective on the community’s progress in an array of fields.
Authors discussed the chapters they contributed to followed by a Q&A session.
• Tarun Basu, a media veteran of 40 years who served as the founder-editor of IANS, and is the editor of the book.
• MR Rangaswami, Founder of Indiaspora, who is an entrepreneur, investor, and author of “An Accidental Capitalist: How Indian-Americans Made Their Mark in Silicon Valley”
• Dr. Shamita Das Dasgupta, Co-founder of Manavi, a nonprofit that focuses on violence against women in the South Asian community and co-author of “’Success’ Through Lens of Women: Celebrating an Alternative Model of the Marginalized”
• Raj L Gupta, the Chairman of Aptiv and Avantor, and former Chairman, CEO, and President of Fortune 500 company Rohm and Haas, and author of “Success Drivers of Indian-American CEOs: Fostering a New Wave of Corporate Leadership”
• Bijal Patel, Chairman of the California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA), and author of “Three Generations of Hoteliers: How Indian-Americans Reinvented the Hotel Industry”
• Dr. Maina Chawla Singh, a scholar and professor focusing on gender, identity, and the Indian diaspora who has lectured at Oxford, Cambridge, and Yale, and is the author of “A Community Zooms into the Political Spotlight.”
The second launch event on Thursday, August 5th featured additional contributors to the book.
The book is currently #1 New Release in Asian American Studies! There have been several insightful reviews written about the book on publications such as American Bazaar, Rediff and India West. A new review also captures the chapter which charts the journey of Indian Americans physicians. For more information about the book and authors, please visit riseofindianamericans.com