This is a full-time Internship position for a college student or recent graduate who will contribute to a variety of Indiaspora’s ongoing projects, develop marketing materials, and conduct outreach related to Indiaspora’s various initiatives, including our ChaloGive campaign, our Indiaspora Lists projects, and our COVID-19 resources and report for the Indian diaspora community.
Apply to make an impact with our Indiaspora team for the summer. Check out the job description below.
- Conduct outreach to partner organizations and potential partner organizations regarding initiatives and create and maintain a list of outreach completed
- Assist the Philanthropy Initiatives Manager in overseeing various philanthropy projects such as ChaloGive and Philanthropy Summit
- Engage on projects to build the Indiaspora network and membership
- Design material to be used for our WordPress website, social media and other marketing materials for our initiatives
- Assist with event planning on an ongoing basis
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail, Google Drive, Documents, Sheets, and Slides
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or basic HTML design preferred
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing skills or familiarity with Adobe Premiere a plus
- Experience planning and executing events strongly preferred
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, Indiaspora’s Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.