Are you a college student or recent grad interested in working in a fast-paced nonprofit dedicated to meaningful change and positive impact for the Indian diaspora community?
Apply to make an impact with our Indiaspora team for a semester. Check out the job description below.
- Assist Communications Manager in different projects focused on spreading the reach and impact of Indiaspora programming
- Help manage social media accounts and help develop a social media strategy for a rapidly expanding non-profit organization
- Play an active role in communications between Indiaspora’s members, staff, and community partner organizations
- Help build media outreach lists
- Engage on projects to expand the Indiaspora network and membership
- Assist Senior Staff with planning and execution of upcoming events, including our annual flagship Leadership Forum and Philanthropy Summit
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, preferably in a social science, international development, or media discipline
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Experience and enthusiasm for social media tools
- Experience with WordPress preferred
- Experience compiling databases and lists preferred
- Experience with photo and video editing a plus
- Attention to detail a must
IMMIGRATION / RESIDENCY STATUS
US citizen or permanent resident only
Indiaspora (www.indiaspora.org) is a nationally recognized 501c(3) non-profit that acts as a catalyst to transform the success of Indian Americans into meaningful impact on the global stage. By sharing insight, hosting events and connecting people, Indiaspora aims to unite the diverse Indian American community toward collective action.
Please email a Resume and Cover letter to Rucha Gopal at email@example.com with Indiaspora Communication Intern in the subject line.
Internships typically last 12 weeks from May until August, and can be adjusted according to the student’s schedule. A monthly stipend is offered.
Please submit applications by Friday, March 6. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.