This is an internship position for a college student or recent graduate who will contribute to a variety of Indiaspora’s ongoing projects, develop marketing materials, and conduct outreach related to Indiaspora’s various initiatives.
Apply to make an impact with our Indiaspora team for the summer. Check out the job description below.
- Develop material and content for social media platforms
- Help manage all of Indiaspora’s social media channels
- Engage on projects to build the Indiaspora network and membership
- Design material to be used for our WordPress website, social media and other marketing materials for events and initiatives
- Assist with event planning on an ongoing basis
- Conduct outreach to partner organizations and potential partner organizations regarding initiatives
- Create a list of media hits received from initiatives
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail, Google Drive, Documents, Sheets, and Slides
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or basic HTML design preferred
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing skills or familiarity with Adobe Premiere a plus
- Experience planning and executing events strongly preferred
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, Indiaspora’s Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected characteristic.