This is an entry-level full-time position, preferably for a recent graduate, who will manage several communications processes that play an integral role in the day-to-day functions of our nonprofit. This position will report to the Communications Director, and will contribute to our nonprofit’s mission by facilitating effective marketing and outreach to our members and the Indian diaspora community at large. Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide for significant growth opportunities.
- Consistently create marketing materials such as social media graphics, content for email blasts, and slide decks
- Regularly update Indiaspora’s website (indiaspora.org) and maintain website calendar for members’ events
- Regularly post on Indiaspora’s social media channels
- Assist with the planning and execution of ongoing programs and events, including our Indiaspora Lists project (lists.indiaspora.org)
- Assist with project outreach and media queries
- Maintain additional internal lists and databases as required and organize materials for events and programs on internal systems
- Occasionally required to be available for immediate needs, for social media or events, including on some evenings and weekends
- Consistently maintain and update Indiaspora’s CRM system
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field ie. social sciences, marketing, communications, information systems or field such as South Asian studies or International Relations
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail and Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, and Slides)
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Interest in tracking and following news regarding the Indian diaspora community
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
- Proficient video editing skills strongly preferred
- Experience planning and executing events strongly preferred
- Familiarity with SquareSpace and/or basic HTML design preferred
- Experience using a CRM system preferred
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, Indiaspora’s Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.