Indiaspora is looking for a Member Relations and Program Coordinator to join our team beginning this July!
Member Relations and Program Coordinator
The Member Relations and Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with Indiaspora’s member relations, including building and maintaining member information, handling requests, and tracking communications. The coordinator will work closely with Indiaspora’s members—close to 100 altogether—to develop a CRM database with their information and regularly update it. The coordinator also will track member communications on various topics, including attendance at events and payment information. The coordinator also will provide support on planning numerous events throughout the year, including our annual flagship event, the Leadership Forum conference. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other staff. We are accepting applications immediately on a rolling basis for a prompt start date.
Dupont area, Washington, DC. The candidate must either be based in or, if hired, be prepared to move immediately to the Washington, DC area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on various events and projects to support the vision of a national nonprofit organization
- Serve as a direct liaison with Indiaspora’s members, including providing members with information about upcoming events, member website resources, payment and account information
- Manage creation and maintenance of a CRM database for member information and update it regularly
- Direct member requests to appropriate staff members, provide research support as needed and ensure a timely response
- Provide support as needed to plan and execute several events that Indiaspora hosts, co-hosts, sponsors, or is approached to market through online, print, and in-person channels.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as part of an entrepreneurial team
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on short- and long-term deadlines
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence
- Savvy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Gmail.
- One year of professional work or internship experience strongly preferred, but not required
- A track record in public service, and/or working on behalf of the Indian or Indian-American community, or in the U.S.-India relations space a plus
- CRM database management experience a plus
Immigration / Residency Status
US citizen or permanent resident only
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Mansi Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Member Relations and Program Coordinator Job” in the subject line.
Indiaspora (www.indiaspora.org) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to improving the lives of Indian-Americans on all levels. Indiaspora is recognized as a national leader in improving U.S.-India relations, Indian-American community engagement, and redefining philanthropy among Indian-Americans.